Spicy Buttered Beans – Carb Splurge Recipe
At about 3.5 net carbs per cup, green beans are not the keto-friendliest of all veggies nut they supply great nutritional intake and they taste amazing as a side or snack meal, see the 3 week diet video for healthy meal plans.
5 minPreperation Time
10 minCook Time
15 minTotal Time
- Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil. Add the green beans and cook for 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare a bowl of ice water. Drain the green beans and immediately plunge them into the ice water to stop them from cooking. Once cooled, drain the beans and set aside.
- In a medium skillet, melt the ghee over medium heat. When it is hot, add the garlic, red pepper flakes, and salt and cook until soft, about 1 minute.
- Add the green beans and toss until hot, about 3 minutes.
- Add some lettuce and quarter cut tomatoes.
SERVES 4 / PREP TIME: 5 MINUTES / COOK TIME: 10 MINUTES
PER SERVING: CALORIES: 93; TOTAL FAT: 8G; SATURATED FAT: 4G; PROTEIN: 2G; CHOLESTEROL: 16MG; CARBOHYDRATES: 8G; FIBER: 4G; NET CARBS: 4G
FAT: 76% / CARBS: 15% / PROTEIN: 9%
Recipe: Spicy Buttered Beans – Carb Splurge Recipe is original to our blog, posted in our food & drink category archive. (Copyright violation is taken very seriously)