Spicy Pulled Pork Eggs Benedict
SERVES 1 / PREP TIME: 10 MINUTES / COOK TIME: 3 MINUTES
A now-closed restaurant in Providence, Rhode Island, was the only place I willingly ordered spicy pulled pork eggs benedict since starting my keto lifestyle. Not because I don’t like eggs Benedict, but I felt it would just not be the same without an English muffin or a fresh buttery biscuit. That all changed when I was served a plate full of pulled pork eggs Benedict. Even without the bread, it was still filling and wonderful. But breakfast should be easy, and traditional hollandaise sauce is not. So to make this a quick and easy keto breakfast, I use a delicious microwave hollandaise sauce on top of poached eggs and leftover pulled pork from the previous night’s dinner. The combination of savory pulled pork and rich hollandaise sauce is sure to satisfy all morning.
FOR THE HOLLANDAISE SAUCE
2 large free-range egg yolks
2 tablespoons Golden Ghee (here), melted
1 teaspoon freshly squeezed Meyer lemon juice
Pinch sea salt
Pinch cayenne pepper
FOR THE EGGS BENEDICT
1 teaspoon white vinegar
2 large free-range eggs
½ cup Spiced Pulled Pork (here), heated through
TO MAKE THE HOLLANDAISE SAUCE
In a small microwave-safe bowl, gently whisk the egg yolks with the ghee, lemon juice, paprika, salt, and cayenne pepper.
Microwave the mixture for 20 seconds and then whisk again until the sauce is smooth. Set aside.
TO MAKE THE EGGS BENEDICT
- Bring a small pot of water to a simmer. Add the vinegar to the hot water.
- Crack the eggs into a small bowl, and roll them around lightly so that the whites surround the yolk of the egg. Do not use an egg with a broken yolk.
- Gently pour the eggs into the simmering water and poach them for 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put the heated pulled pork on a plate.
- Remove the poached eggs from the water with a slotted spoon and dry them gently with a paper towel. Place the eggs on top of the pulled pork and spoon the hollandaise sauce over the eggs. Serve immediately.
PER SERVING: CALORIES: 569; TOTAL FAT: 47G; SATURATED FAT: 23G; PROTEIN: 26G; CHOLESTEROL: 882MG; CARBOHYDRATES: 6G; FIBER: 0G; NET CARBS: 6G
FAT: 76% / CARBS: 4% / PROTEIN: 20%
Recipe: Spicy Pulled Pork Eggs Benedict is original to our blog, posted in our food & drink category archive. (Copyright violation is taken very seriously)