This recipe has been around for decades. I actually made this for Tablespoon back in 2011 and thought 6 years later I should finally share it with you. To be honest, the recipes that have been around forever are my absolute favorite. All of my grandparents on both sides are no longer with us an haven’t been for a while. Grandparents are just so darn wise. Just like I wish my kids could skip the learning curves and learn all of their life lessons solely from what I tell them, it’s just not possible. We learn line upon line, precept on precept. There’s no other way around it. I thought I knew everything in my 20’s. In my 30’s, I realized I know nothing. I wish I could talk to my grandparents now and soak up all of their knowledge and wisdom.
If for some reason you haven’t had this Grape Walnut Salad, you best be making this as soon as you can. I know the dressing sounds strange, sour cream and cream cheese, but it really works here. You can use pecans instead of walnuts. It’s always a hit with a crowd.
- 2 lbs green seedless grapes
- 2 lbs red seedless grapes
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- ½ cup brown sugar
- Rinse grapes and pat to dry. In a large bowl, mix softened cream cheese, sour cream, white sugar, and vanilla. You can use a mixer or mix by hand with a spatula. Add the grapes to the cream cheese mixture and stir thoroughly to coat. Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Sprinkle brown sugar over the grape mixture. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Right before serving sprinkle nuts on top.
- Tip: For a healthier version you can substitute Greek yogurt for the sour cream.
Important For Healthy Living & Weight Loss:
Please take a look at our healthy keto diet which helps you lose weight today, just follow these simple & easy steps: https://www.theeasierlife.com/3-week-diet/