These Grilled Shrimp and Pineapple Skewers over Coconut Rice are an easy meal for any night of the week!
I’ve been in a dinner slump lately where everything sounds overwhelming and nothing sounds exciting. Am I right? Now that the weather is nice it’s time to bust out the grills. Who am I kidding? We grill year round here in Florida. Total disclosure I took a small hiatus from shrimp when I was pregnant which has been the last 10 years…but now I’m back.
Today I’m sharing Grilled Shrimp and Pineapple Skewers. Have you guys ever had grilled pineapple? It’s one of life’s greatest pleasures. No joke this meal is so easy! I’m also sharing these Grilled Shrimp and Pineapple Skewers over at Sweet Baby Ray’s where they have tons of easy recipes for you to try.
First you marinate your shrimp in the Sweet Terikaki sauce for 30 minutes. I’ve actually just given it a quick toss without marinating and it still has great flavor.
Then you thread you shrimp and pineapple onto skewers. If you use wooden skewers it helps to soak them in water ahead of time so they don’t burn as badly. They will still char but won’t burn into two pieces.Only a couple minutes on each side on the grill and they’re done. You just want to make sure the shrimp aren’t opaque any more and have a nice pink color.
I serve this over coconut rice. Basically you just replace half of the water with coconut milk which gives it a slight hint of coconut flavor without being too overpowering.
I like to garnish with cilantro or green onions. Not that it needs the flavor, it’s just for color.And there you have the easiest and fastest dinner ever! You’re welcome!
|Grilled Shrimp and Pineapple Skewers over Coconut Rice
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Sweet Baby Ray’s Honey Teriyaki Marinade
- 1 lb fresh pineapple, cut into 1-inch chunks
- Coconut Rice:
- 1 cup long grain rice, uncooked
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- (optional) chopped cilantro for garnish
- Place shrimp in a large and cover with Sweet Baby Ray’s Honey Teriyaki Marinade. Toss to coat. Marinate for 30 minutes.
- While shrimp is marinating prepare the Coconut Rice. For the rice: Bring rice, coconut, and water to a boil in a pot. Reduce to a simmer. Cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until rice is tender. Keep warm until serving.
- Preheat great to medium-high heat.
- Thread shrimp and pineapple on the skewers alternating shrimp and pineapple. Oil the grill grate and grill shrimp and pineapple for 3-4 minutes per side or until shrimp is pink and not opaque. Brush shrimp with additional Teriyaki sauce while grilling.
- Serve skewers over coconut rice and garnish with chopped cilantro if desired.
The post Grilled Shrimp and Pineapple Skewers over Coconut Rice appeared first on The Girl Who Ate Everything.
Important For Healthy Living & Weight Loss:
Please take a look at our healthy keto diet which helps you lose weight today, just follow these simple & easy steps: https://www.theeasierlife.com/3-week-diet/