Hello parsnip fries! Wait… what? Srsly? Vegetable fries? Yes, my veggie loving and fry loving friends.
I’ve married these two unlikely soulmates together and let me just say… they couldn’t be happier together! This may also be the very shortest post I’ve ever written because I need to get out the door to work… like right now. But, I was not going to let you go the weekend without a fancy new burger companion to check out.
Because the weekend is for burgers while experimenting with different beers and wines you just had to pick up from Aldi… because that price! Too good to pass up. Let me just tell you… these parsnip fries… they like a crisp clean white. Super cold, if you don’t mind. Kthanks.
But all you need to know about these fries extraordinaire is that they take 20 minutes. You can make them more towards the honey side or the curry side. Which ever side you fall on, they will be the new dinner time hit!
Honey’d Curry Parsnip Fries
- 4 parsnips peeled and cut into quarters
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp curry powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- parsley for garnish
- Pre-heat oven to 180c.
- Place the peeled and quartered parsnips on a baking tray and drizzle with the olive oil and honey.
- Toss to coat.
- Add the curry powder and toss again.
- Bake on the tray for about 20 minutes or until the parsnips are cooked through.
- Leave to stand a minute or to. Letting them cool off slightly will result in a firmer fry.
- Garnish the with parsley.