This Layered Buffalo Chicken Salad is the perfect addition to any gathering. I love how easy it is to throw together and how each cold, crisp bite delivers some heat.
School is ending in a couple of weeks here in South Florida. For our family, it’s the end of an era. My kids will experience new schools, new friends, new house and new everything come this summer. We have purchased a new home much further north that will create new experiences for everyone. I, for one, have grown up here in South Florida. It’s always been my bubble…a very diverse bubble, but still my only home.
I’m so excited for change. My husband and I have been contemplating the idea of moving for a while, only recently has it been made clear that the time is NOW. When we started our house hunt, I thought it was going to take a lot longer than it did to find a home since we have specific needs and wants. We needed a shop for his business, enough bedrooms and living space for our tribe, highly ranked schools and to be in a ward (or congregation) that had a strong primary program. We wanted a few acres of land, pool and no HOA fees. We got everything except the pool (which can be built on our 3.5 acres) and no HOA fees (which are minimal, so no big deal). I really feel like we didn’t have to compromise much. This house was meant for us and we couldn’t be happier. We are ALL looking forward to this big move and the new opportunities it will bring!
I LOVE buffalo chicken, no naturally, this dish speaks to me! ha! You could use rotisserie chicken and shred it up or throw a couple pieces of chicken in the crock pot the night before, let them cook on low and shred in the morning. (It’s what I do to get the result of super tender chicken) It took me, maybe, 10 minutes to throw this salad together. After shredding the chicken, just add the buffalo sauce and start layering. Toss it in the fridge to chill and serve it cold. Enjoy it for lunch or next to a hot soup for dinner.
|Layered Buffalo Chicken Salad
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 6 Tablespoons Frank’s Buffalo Wing Sauce or GF wing sauce
- ½ (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 cups butter lettuce, broken into small pieces
- ¼ cup blue cheese dressing
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- grape tomatoes, sliced
- jalapeños, sliced
- ripe avocado, diced and seasoned with salt
- crumbled tortilla chips
- Shred chicken and mix with wing sauce. Spread chicken into an 8×8 casserole dish.
- Sprinkle black beans on top. Add layer of cheddar cheese.
- In separate bowl, toss lettuce with a light coat of blue cheese dressing then place on top of cheese.
- Garnish with sliced tomatoes, jalapeños, avocado, and crushed tortilla chips.
- Place in refrigerator for 1 hour to chill before serving.