This EASY 20 minute One Skillet Cashew Chicken Stir Fry is the perfect weeknight meal that is healthy, full of flavor and perfect for your weekly meal prep!
You guys one pot meals are totally my jam. I mean you can never go wrong throwing a ton of chicken and fresh veggies into one single skillet and tossing it all together with a delicious peanut sauce! Not only is this recipe perfect for your weekly meal prep (because I must say these leftovers are even better a day later), but there is little to no clean up which makes this dish the perfect weeknight meal!
For this recipe (and similar ones like it), I always try to pre-chop my veggies after I buy them so that when I’m ready to cook I can just throw everything into the pan. That’s the great thing about meal prep, I try to cook all our lunches for the week on Sundays, but our dinners I like to make fresh each night so pre-chopping everything saves me so much time!
But not only does this make an easy weeknight dinner, but the leftovers taste even better the next day for a healthy lunch! The sauce might be my favorite part too. It’s creamy, lightly sweet and I literally want to drizzle it on everything! There isn’t much spice in this recipe, but feel free to add a tablespoon of Sriracha or red pepper flakes if you like a little heat. I mean you know I am ALL about Sriracha these days as seen here, here and even here, you literally can’t go wrong because the stuff is so good! So yes totally add some to this recipe if you need that good kick!
Doesn’t that look delicious?!
I have been all about quick dinners like this lately since we’re still waiting for our house to be finished. Most of my kitchen stuff is all packed away so anything I can make that fits easily into one pan and gives us meals for the next few days is just perfect for us! Our closing date for the house is in just two short weeks and I can’t tell you how excited we are! We literally started this process back in August so it has been a long (but enjoyable!) 10 months of picking every detail, saving every penny, packing, and just waiting. To say we are ready to move would be an understatement!
Hope you enjoy this One Skillet Cashew Chicken Stir Fry as much as we did and remember to tag me on Instagram using the hashtag #eatyourselfskinnyrecipe if you end up making this! I LOVE seeing all your photos and delicious food!
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 cup sugar snap peas
- ½ cup carrots, julienned
- ⅓ cup unsalted cashews
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 4 Tbsp tamari (or soy sauce)
- 3 Tbsp all-natural peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp grated ginger
- 2 or 3 Tbsp water
- To make the sauce, whisk together tamari (or soy sauce), peanut butter, honey, sesame oil, and grated ginger in a small bowl. Whisk in 2 or 3 tablespoons of water, depending on the consistency you prefer, and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, drizzle olive oil and add chicken. Season with salt and pepper and sauté until lightly browned, about 4 to 5 minutes. Add the garlic and sauté for about 30 seconds, mixing it with the chicken.
- Add broccoli, bell pepper, snap peas and carrots to the skillet, incorporating everything together. Cook an additional 5 minutes, until veggies are tender and chicken is cooked through, then add cashews and green onions and drizzle the peanut sauce over top.
- Mix everything together with the sauce, coating well, and cook for one more minute. Serve and enjoy!
Important For Healthy Living & Weight Loss:
Please take a look at our healthy keto diet which helps you lose weight today, just follow these simple & easy steps: https://www.theeasierlife.com/3-week-diet/