Guys, we may have hit the mother load with fast and fresh weeknight dinners over here! Come, come into my world where dinner is easy and it’s healthy and it’s delicious and it’s ready in about 10 minutes… 15 if you count opening your Friday night wine to enjoy with your 10 minute dinner. Because it’s Friday… and wine happens on Fridays. Ya know what else happens on Fridays? Cauliflower fried rice that requires a skillet and a food processor and that’s it. One pan and pretty much no prep.
So, I’ll tell you a funny little story about working in restaurant kitchens, and cauliflower rice. About 4 years ago I worked in a restaurant that had cauliflower rice on a dish, but back then they called it cauliflower “couscous.” Anyway, so the first time I ever saw anyone make this, they grated the cauliflower on a cheese grater!!!! <- I have no idea whose idea that was and why they wanted to punish people who worked there! We needed 4 cauliflower heads doing per service! I’m sure you could taste tears in that “couscous” from whoever’s job it was that day. The deal was, it was so good that all the chefs used to sneak spoonfuls when the person who made it wasn’t looking. Let’s not talk about the day that I got caught “taste testing.”
Needless to say, I had sworn off cauliflower rice until I saw someone make it with a food processor. My first though was “how embarrassing that we made it so difficult!” My next thought was “I need to go and buy some cauliflower”!
But what I want for you is an enjoyable, stressless and nutty and nourishing dinner in your bellies in 10-15 minutes. This recipes delivers that. It’s also one of the best ways I could think to use up all the left over veggies sitting in the bottom of your crisper drawer drawing their last breaths. The veggies don’t deserve that and neither do you. Save them from the bin and throw them all into your dinner! Oh, and have a glass of vino for me!
Cauliflower Fried Rice
- 1/2 head cauliflower
- 2 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 medium white onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 carrot
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp gochujang (Korean hot sauce)
- 1 tsp runny honey
- 1 bunch green onions
- 1 Tbsp black onion seeds or sesame seeds
- Blitz the cauliflower in the food processor until it resembles the size of rice.
- Heat a medium skillet on medium heat and add the sesame oil.
- Dice the onion and add that to the pan along with the garlic.
- Saute for about 2 minutes.
- Chop the red pepper and the carrot into small dice and add them to the pan and let cook for about 3 minutes.
- Now add the cauliflower and turn the pan up to medium high. There’s a lot of moisture in a cauliflower so the higher your temperature when you cook it the more it will stir fry rather than steam.
- In a small bowl combine the soy sauce, gochujang and the honey and adjust the ratios to taste.
- Once the cauliflower is almost cooked, make a well in the centre and crack the egg into it. Leave to cook and set for about 1 minute, then start to stir through the cauliflower. Add most of the sauce to the pan reserving about 2 Tsp.
- Once the egg is cooked divide the cauliflower rice into serving bowls, top with the green onions and onion seeds and the remaining sauce.
Important For Healthy Living & Weight Loss:
Please take a look at our healthy keto diet which helps you lose weight today, just follow these simple & easy steps: https://www.theeasierlife.com/3-week-diet/